Tuesday 17 May 2011

Kim's Shield - 2011

Kim's Shield, an experience one will never forget. As one of the few provincial events it was something not to be missed!

Kim's Shield is one of the events that can really describe what Scouting is all about. Arrive on Friday and set up camp; Wake up early on Saturday morning and set off to do the incident hike.
As one of the patrols with the expressed intention to do well, I made sure everything was perfect.
We went from base to base doing all types of activities: cooking, pioneering, first aid, knotting, GPS work, stalking, identifying spoor, fun and interesting activities like the Tower of Hanoi, bow & arrow shooting, and ground to air signalling.
At each base we get points out of 100 and try to accumulate as many as possible, this is how you win!
Of course, its not only about winning, but the simple act of participating, getting to know other Scouts from around the province and making new friends.

With my patrol of 4 boys, we did extremely well, within the province, out of 52 patrols, we came 2nd! The immense pride & happiness I felt for my boys & I was incredible! Its moments like these where I really know why I do scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment