Sunday 26 June 2011

My Springbok Meal - An Eastern Feast

It was the 25th of June and a lot of preparation was taking place at the 1st Honeydew Scout Hall...
That evening my Springbok meal was to take place and with the help of four very crucial Scouts we prepared an Eastern Feast!
With all the jobs delegated, we began preparing a three course meal over an open fire.
For starters I made samoosas with a pineapple salsa. For the main meal, Keegan prepared an Indian lagos chicken dish and Wade prepared a vegetable curry, both paired with naan bread prepared by Mark.
For dessert, an Indian Soji pudding was perfected by Brandon.




For the evening I invited three guests to join me, the District Commissioner- Harley, and his wife Tamara, and then the Enigma Rover Crew Chairman, Chris Shead.
I am glad to say the guests enjoyed the meal quite thoroughly and were delighted at the exoticness of my chosen theme.


It was a candle lit dinner, the table was decked out with pretty candle stands, daisy flowers in holders and burning incense to set the scene. As it was an especially cold evening we ate inside the hall sitting beneath a gazebo with Eastern cloths hanging from the sides. Besides the weather, it gave the quality of a truly Eastern Feast.


A very big thank you to everyone who attended. As the first requirement I completed for my Springbok, I am glad that it is over; it was definitely a feat!

No comments:

Post a Comment